Thursday, June 23, 2011

More venal bullshit, From the office of Congressman Todd Akin

 
Sent: June 23, 2011 01:39 PM
Subject: From the office of Congressman Todd Akin

 

 

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting me regarding abortion funding in the District of Columbia.  It was good to hear from you and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

In 1976 Congress passed the Dornan Amendment, which prohibited the District of Columbia from using its appropriated money to fund abortions. When Congress passed the District of Columbia budget for the remainder of FY '11, the Dornan Amendment was renewed. The Constitution gives Congress the explicit task of managing the funds and affairs of the District of Columbia. As a member of the Constitutional Caucus, I feel that it is very important to uphold the provisions in our Constitution, including the oversight of the District of Columbia.

I will continue to work to protect innocent human life at all stages of development – and oppose any taxpayer funding of abortion. Abortion is not health care and I will not rest until our laws once again prohibit tax dollars from going to pay for abortions in any way whatsoever.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact my office. Please know that I will continue to work for my fellow Missourians in the legislative matters I am able to address.

It is a privilege to represent you and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me regarding any matter where I might be of assistance. Please visit my website, where you can find more information on current issues, share further thoughts with me via email and subscribe to my e-newsletter for updates on issues you care about.


Sincerely,

Todd Akin
Member of Congress

Join our online community!

 
Facebook  
 Twitter  
 YouTube  
E-Newsletter  
Please feel free to visit my website at http://akin.house.gov/ to contact me and let me know the issues that concern you.

 

 

Posted via email from danny6114's Pre- posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment