Monday, May 3, 2010

From the office of Congressman Todd Akin, Does this bastard do Anything in DC?

Subject: From the office of Congressman Todd Akin
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:33:24 -0400

 

 

 

Dear Daniel:

 

Thank you for contacting me regarding school bullying issues. It was good to hear from you and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

 

Bullying and teasing are serious issues for children and teens. Unaddressed, bullying can affect a child's self esteem, isolate him or her from friends and lead to poor performance in school.

 

Experts suggest that the help and support of a parent or adult friend is most important in helping a child overcome difficulties related to bullying and teasing. Helping a child find a supportive social group, reporting any violence or threats to school authorities and teaching children to say "no" to bullies are all helpful in confronting school violence.

 

I greatly appreciate your insight into the critical issues before the House of Representatives. Legislation has been introduced in the 111th Congress that relates to bullying reduction and school safety. While I believe these issues are best addressed by local educators and school administrators, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind if I should have the opportunity to consider legislation related to school violence or bullying.

 

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact my office. It is a privilege to represent you and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me regarding any matter where I might be of assistance. Please visit my website, where you can find more information on current issues, share further thoughts with me via email and subscribe to my e-newsletter for updates on issues you care about. Clips of my recent floor speeches are also available on YouTube.

 

Sincerely,
Todd Akin
Member of Congress

 

Join our online community!

 
Facebook
 
 Twitter
 
 YouTube
 
E-Newsletter
 
Please feel free to visit my website at http://akin.house.gov/ to contact me and let me know the issues that concern you.

Posted via email from danny6114's Pre- posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment