Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From the office of Congressman Todd Akin, More lies and damned lies!

Sent: February 23, 2011 10:31 AM
Subject: From the office of Congressman Todd Akin

 

 

Dear Daniel:

Thank you contacting me regarding H.R. 358, the Protect Life Act. I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

As you already know, the government takeover of health care became law on March 23, 2010, without my support or the support of any Republicans. H.R. 3590 did not include language that would prohibit federal funding of abortions. In order to gain the votes of a group of pro-life Democrats, President Obama issued an Executive Order prohibiting federally funded abortions. However, an Executive Order does not in any way change the law, and can be reversed or altered at the stroke of a pen by this or any subsequent President without any congressional approval or notice.

Since Roe v. Wade, courts have viewed the decision as a statutory mandate that the government must provide federal funding for elective abortion in federal programs. In other words, no Executive Order or regulation can override a statutory mandate unless Congress passes a law that prohibits federal funding from being used in this manner.

In order to prohibit taxpayer-funded abortions, a law needs to be enacted.  I am a cosponsor of H.R. 358, which amends the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to prevent federal funding for abortion or abortion coverage through government exchanges, community health centers, or any other program funded or created by PPACA.

As a committed member of the Pro-Life Caucus, please know that I will work tirelessly to stop the deaths of innocent children that H.R. 3590 will inevitably cause. Thank you once again for your support and action, and for taking the time to keep me updated with your views. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of any further assistance.

It is a privilege to represent you and I hope that you will not hesitate to contact me regarding any matter where I might be of assistance. Please visit my website, where you can find more information on current issues, share further thoughts with me via email and subscribe to my e-newsletter for updates on issues you care about. 


Sincerely,

Todd Akin
Member of Congress

Join our online community!

 
Facebook  
 Twitter  
 YouTube  
E-Newsletter  
Please feel free to visit my website at http://akin.house.gov/ to contact me and let me know the issues that concern you.

 

 

Posted via email from danny6114's Pre- posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment